Thursday, April 26, 2007

spoiled again!

Well, I just got home a lil while ago and in the mailbox were some stitchmarkers I had been waiting on, an envelope from Sarah :), and a package from my sp!!!!! :)I don't know how I'm going to get used to life without packages again! lol. First the stitch markers! This set is from Danielle. I love the iridescence of the beads! They're so cool! Thank you, Danielle!!!!
This set comes from Lainie. I love these too!!!! :) Great color! Thanks, Lainie!!!!!
Now, before I go into my package from my sp, I've gotta tell you what Sarah sent me! :) She sent me a letter to join a sock exchange. I have to tell you that initially, I thought I would have to knit a pair of socks to be sent out and I was ready to email Sarah and say,"Yeah, right." Then I reread the letter and nowhere does it say anything about having to knit a pair of socks! So, I'm in Sarah!! But I don't know of 6 other people who would like to participate so I'm putting it out there for my readers (however few of you there are!).
If you would like to participate in said sock exchange (the funky sock exchange!) please click on my email me link on my sidebar and email me your address so I can send you the letter Sarah sent me. The way it works is, there are two names on the letter. You send a pair of socks to the first person, move #2 up, put yourself in the #2 position and mail 6 copies of the letter (and be sure to send them blank copies of the letter too!) and in the end you end up with 36 pairs of socks (that you didn't even have to knit or buy!) So who wants in?
Well, I did a bit of research on this funky sock exchange and nobody seems to have received all 36 socks..plus there are people saying that the only person that ever gets all 36 is the person who is in the #1 position. Sarah, we are going to have to create our own funky sock exchange just amongst our online knitter friends. lol. Let me know what you think. :) And now onto my goodies. :)
Here is all is wrapped up--with a package of red carnations!!!!!!!!! I wonder if they'll grow indoors. I'm going to have to try it out. I've been in the gardening mood too. I picked up a couple of mini-garden kits not too long ago. I guess it's time to start planting! :)
And here are all my goodies unwrapped. I couldn't get much closer. But from left to right, we have a really cool terra cotta flower pot that contains a bread mix!!!! I can't wait to try it out!
Next to my cute ready to bake bread in a flower pot is the infamous sushi wallet. I giggled when I saw it because I had been wanting one of these and most recently, Robyn, posted briefly about these kits! lol. I didn't know that I get to choose which one I want to make! I can't wait..that just might be my next project! And those red fishies??? They have got to be the cutest and coolest thing ever!! They are goldfish-shaped ice cubes!! :) I can't wait til they freeze up. I'm going to put one in my fiance's cup when he gets home and see if he freaks out! lol. See that duck? It's a pirate duck!!! Also super adorable and smells really nice. :) And to top off my package, in front of my flower pot, is a tube of kiehl's lip balm #1, the one and only lip balm that I use. :) Thank you so very much for the awesome package, sp!!!

7 comments:

  1. What great goodies - all of them.

    Asaknitter
    www.knittingnutter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarf, so Jealous it's not coming here! LOL

    That is too funny that you got the sushi wallet. I swear, I had nothing to do with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I bought th friendship bread, I thought - how perfect! But then, what to do with the leftover flower pot? LOL! Hence, flowers. *wink* I've never grown carnations, either, so I thought they would be fun and worth a shot. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lot's of cool stuff. You must be a very happy girl!

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How will you live without packages being sent to you? It seems like you get them daily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll have to make do with letters, I guess. Your KLS letter is on it's way! Watch for it in a mailbox near you :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that I have found another left handed knitter! Gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!