Thursday, August 16, 2007

progress

I've been working on my sleeves this week. I'm determined to get them finished this week--at least one of them! Here's what my sleeve looked like as of Monday night: I wanted to steam block what I had so far to see how much it would stretch-hence the reason for the ironing board and the iron in the background! This is what my sleeve looks like today! I tried to finish it up last night but I just couldn't do it. My fingers were getting too tired. :P I haven't been devoting as much time as I would've liked to my sleeves but I think I've done pretty good so far. :) Late last night, I tried casting on for the second sleeve using the magic loop technique and I think I kind of get it! Though, I got a little mixed up as to which stitches should be in the back, so I frogged what I had but recast on the stitches so that I could start all over again today! We'll see if I like magic loop better than dpns. :)
Would you believe this is the only project I've been working on??? I had thought about casting on for my green gable and was all ready to do it after watching video on how to do the backward loop cast on and then I realized I don't have the right needle lengths to start. Oh well. Maybe today I'll make some stitch markers. :) I thought about casting on for my very own swell but again, I don't have the right needle. I could cast on for some more socks but I'm going to wait until thermal is done-@ least that's what I keep telling myself!!
On the school front, I got my very own school email address! :) I found out today. I don't know how to access it but I'm just glad to finally start feeling like I'm a part of the school. I've been emailing and talking on the phone with my partner teacher for the last couple of days. She has this mailing that she sends out at the beginning of the school year every year so now that we were a team, I had to look it over and add to it. I also got to learn all the important dates I'm gonna need to know. Like the fact that there's a Kindergarten BBQ @ the end of this month! I'm getting more and more excited by the minute about starting this school year. The school has so many activities planned already! Not only is there a BBQ but at the end of September, there's a school-wide walk-a-thon. Another cool thing is the Kinders have half-days the first month to transition them into attending our school. One more cool thing-I get to do home visits! There are teachers out there who hate these things. I absolutely love them because you get to see what your students' home life is like and they get to share it with you. Plus I think it brings you closer to your students when you know what their home life is like. This is going to be an exciting school year!

ETA: I finished my first sleeve today!!!! I'm attempting the magic loop (again) with my second sleeve..wish me luck! :)





7 comments:

  1. Love the sleeve, especially the color! Loving that shade right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY sleeve. Thats the color I was thinking of knitting thermal in... if I ever get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love the magic loop method. I hope you figure it out.

    Your SP11 Pal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin good! Magic Loop is so handy, it saves you from having to buy DPNs for every sweater you want to knit in the round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how exciting about the sleeve! just press on and finish thermal already! : )

    glad to hear that you're excited for your new job... i hope it lives up to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go, girl! Great job on the sleeve, your sweater will be done in no time.

    Sounds like you're excited for school and your new job, yay for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!