Thursday, August 9, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love knitting with hand-dyed stuff from indie dyers on etsy! I like merino wool blends/merino wool in general. I don't like acrylic/eyelash/or any novelty stuff. I've worked with cotton but haven't lately. I like sportweight/fingering weight yarn. I don't really like alpaca or alpaca blends--itchy. :P 2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My dpns are in a cute lil dpn roll that I just recently picked up. My straights are in a drawer organizer. My circs are in a ziploc. :P I've been looking @ needle rolls for my straights and a binder for my circs but am waiting to find the right ones before I start spending money! 3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for three years as of this month in fact! It took me three tries to learn how to knit--each time a friend tried to teach me. Obviously the first two didn't succeed but my last teacher, was excellent. :) I am intermediate I guess. 4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Of course...I've just linked it in my sidebar under my 'a lil' more about me' section. 5. What's your favorite scent? I don't have one particular favorite scent though I do love the scent of grapefruit..berries..if you went to the body shop and looked through the home fragrance oils, my favorites would definitely be exotic. I also like the scent of cranberry, ginger, etc. I like clean, fresh scents like--the scent of just washed linens. I even like the scent of grass! I despise vanilla..it makes me want to throw up. 6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Why, yes I do! Favorite candy? Reese's peanut butter cups/peanut m&m's and dark chocolate. My idea is dark chocolate covered nuts or a dark chocolate candy bar with nuts. 7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I make stitch markers and I make cards. Not a spinner though. :( 8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD). I like punk/indie/mtv tres indie 101 stuff/classic rock & soul/80's/and even some current stuff that's on the radio. Yes, my computer can play mp3s. 9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? In no particular order, I like greens/blues/pinks mixed with red and or orange/grays/greens mixed with blues and or yellows/blue-violet mixes/burgundy/merlot etc. I'm not found of yellows-I don't look good in that color! 10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my sister, my fiance, and all of our fish! 11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to all but ponchos! :P I like my scarves long so they can wrap around my neck twice. Hats need to be a bit big for me to wear them and actually like how I look in them! 12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? My favorite item to knit? I think right now it's lace..I love just watching the intricate beauty of the stitches unfold into this amazing design. 13. What are you knitting right now? I've got a thermal, a chevron scarf, the last of my hedera socks, and a diamond fantasy shawl in the works. 14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I do. They're my favorite kind of gift. ;) 15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Um..straights..I have yet to purchase my own knitpicks option set so that might change. Between the three, it's bamboo then aluminum. Oh, but I do love my pony needles.. 16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, and yes. :) 17. How old is your oldest UFO? Eek...February! 18. What is your favorite holiday? Valentine's Day. :) So what if it's one of the most commercial holidays that isn't even really a holiday. I just like the idea of having a day specifically for celebrating love. It's always been my favorite. 19. Is there anything that you collect? Not really. I used to collect a bunch of stuff. Now, I don't really have room to collect much. 20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? The books that I want are on my amazon wishlist. Yarns that I really want? Wollmeise. Duet Sock Yarn. Sknitches. The Knittery. Zen String. lisa souza. Blue Sky Dyed Cotton. Needles--knitpicks options, denise interchangeables. Patterns?? Where do I even begin? HeartStrings FiberArts Beaded Lace Scarf II Pattern, fifi, jemima, flower basket lace shawl/scarf, button me up pullover and so far that's it! 21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I definitely need to learn magic loop and possibly how to knit two socks on one circ though I might lack the attention span for it! Just learned magic loop! Now I need to learn socks on two circs. 22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I'm in the beginning stages of calling myself a sock knitter. I wear a size 6.5-7 shoe. Circumference of my foot is about 8.5 inches. Length is 7 inches. 23. When is your birthday? May 5 24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Not just yet but soon! Now, I am! Ggirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!