Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm back and I've got pictures!

Whew..what is it about this time of year that all of sudden people just get so busy. I know it's the holidays..whose idea was it to put these two big holidays one month after the other?? I spent my Thanksgiving @ my parents' house. I did some knitting but mostly just hung out and took care of my lil niece here and there. :) I did some snooping and saw that my brother has a pic of her wearing one of the knitted items I made! :)
My brother said she's grown so much she doesn't fit in it anymore. They're lucky they even had hats that little. I had forgotten that the patterns I used were for preemies so they came in handy. I don't think she ever wore the lavendar one. Oh well. Here's what she looks like these days!My little yellow duck!
I didn't have my camera with me but my sister did and she got a new camera phone so this pic is from that. She's going to have to learn how to convert the pics because they were HUGE!!! My brother has the same camera as she does and he needs to learn how to convert the pics too!! lol. I finished two things today that I worked on while we were in Salinas. My sister picked out some yarn @ Michael's too for a cabled scarf for herself. I'm still trying to figure out what pattern I want to use. I decided to frog the fingerless mittens. They had been sitting on my living room floor for the past month. I didn't like the needles I was using (balene dpn's) with tlc cotton plus yarn. The pattern was made for a man and when I tried on the cuff part, it was always too big so I have to find another pattern for her. Lucky for her, I have a few saved on my computer and it's just a matter of selecting the right pattern! I want to knit some stuff for my niece too! I found a pattern for a really cute penguin hat and there was a cute sweater too. We shall see. I went for a training yesterday. It was to see if I would be interested in participating in that program as well and it didn't seem too bad. I just don't know if I'll be any good @ it. This program is affiliated with the same place where my part-time job that I wasn't sure if I had or not. Apparently I'm going to be a sub for when any of the PACE teachers are out. You can go here if you want to find out more about the organization and what I'll be doing. In two weeks, I'll start training for the remediation teachers. I'll focus primarily on literacy and language arts. Yay! The actual job will start in January, although I couldn't tell you what day or anything. I actually have hw that I need to attend to before the day is over! :P I have something to read and I have 4 activities that I need to master. When I got back from my parents' house, I had a package from AR. Here's what was inside it: I just noticed that she had a pink theme going. :) Thanks again, AR! :) I'll be sending a lil' something your way soon too! Okay, I can now officially check "blog" off my Tuesday to-do list. There are still quite a few things on that list so I am off to do some work.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, busy lady! I know what you mean.

    Your lil' niece is so cute! Those chubby cheeks are adorable.

    Glad you liked you cotton and st. markers. I figured you could use cotton with all of the neat dishcloth patterns.

    And, yes, I like pink. I hope you do, too! I snooped to try and find your favorite color somewhere on your blog, but I couldn't find it. What is your fave color??

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's just the cutest little duck! Pink is purty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is gorgeous!
    cool stitch markers and nice yarn too. lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable little niece you have!
    Can't wait to see some cool dishcloths from your new pretty yarn. I'm going to have to get some stitch markers from AR. They are really cool.
    Hope everything keeps going great with your job;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!