Thursday, November 16, 2006

no knitting in this post...wait a minute! here we go...

I haven't knit a stitch all day. And I'm pooped. I don't remember being this tired when I worked M-F and taught my own class. Guess that's what happens when it's been almost 5 months since you've been in a classroom! I was with Kindergarteners today as opposed to 4th graders which was fine. I was actually glad to be with Kindergarten although I came home with a headache and AR said it may have been induced by some 5 and 6 year olds! I had a good day though. I told the teacher I wasn't sure what exactly I was supposed to do since I'm not used to 2 teachers in a room. She said I did great. I spoke with the asst. dean and I guess I'm going to be placed on their sub list. Lord. I kinda hope they won't need me that much. I miss my sleep!!! I know, it's money-that could come in useful from time to time! I just don't want to get burnt out. Then I've got this school up north calling and emailing about a 1st/2nd grade position that starts in January. Um, no thank you. I'm currently committed to SoCal-aside from all the complaining I do (just not here!) about how it makes no sense for it to be 80 degrees and November! I've thought about knitting today @ least. I was sad that I didn't get to work on my airplane cloth. I'm a third of the way done. I don't plan on touching anything knitting-related tonight. I'm going to shower and then I'm going to watch "Grey's Anatomy" and then I think I'll be off to bed. I'm that tired. I thought about my besotted headband too. Oh, by the way thank you to everyone for all the nice comments on how beautiful the scarf came out. :) Okay, I couldn't resist. I had to post some kind of knitting-related pic! Sorry it's a bad one. I was too lazy to get up and go into the kitchen where I usually do my pictures! You are looking @ the tail of the airplane and the very beginnings of the wings. You can't really see the color-which sucks because I like it. It's faded denim in peaches n' cream. My fiancé picked it out. Okay...shower and grey's..gotta make it to grey's..

3 comments:

  1. Those little ones can wear a person out. Yay for being on the sub list. You can work some, and have bits of $ for yarn. North? Does north mean cold? Here, north means cold, and I want warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, I have two Wal-Marts near me, and they both have horrible yarn depts.

    I grew up in Huntington Beach, and lived all over Orange County after that.

    Love your dishcloths---looks like you're a fast knitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww that's the year, besides the second and third grades that I really wanted to teach. Kinders...

    They do have those high voices though and they hardly ever stop using them!

    Please stay in SoCal. It's too darn cold everywhere else, almost.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!