Monday, November 13, 2006

wow!

Well, first of all, I have only twelve inches left of my besotted. It'd be nice to try to get more than 3 inches in for the next few days so I get it done sooner but we'll see. I think next, I am going to attempt a besotted headband to keep my ears warm and then I'll try a hat to match the scarf. :) I can finally post the dishcloth that I finished a few days ago because the kal is done. :) So it's here Yesterday, I started another dishcloth washcloth. I want to make myself a facecloth so we'll see. I think I'm about halfway done with it! Gotta love dishcloths!! I am using fiesta in peaches n' creme yarn. It is the infamous darrell waltrip cloth. I really liked how the rainbow one came out and I let my fiance choose the yarn for this washcloth. Lucky me he chose one like the one pictured in the pattern. :) It's an easy pattern once you get the hang of it. I also found some other patterns that I want to try. There are a couple of patterns I found for him but I can't say here what they are because I know he reads this from time to time! They are washcloths. One I'm going to show him though. There's a chart and I'm sure I can adapt it into a washcloth of some kind. We've figured out a use for the washcloths I've given him! He can use them to wipe stuff up in his car. He's of course worried about using them for that purpose and I told him they're really intended to do dishes! Okay, the wow part. I was thinking about how I hadn't heard about the possible sub position yet like about an hour ago. I figured it was a holiday weekend, maybe the guy went out of town or what have you. Then, I read my horoscope which said something about my career and then a couple minutes later, I got an email from the guy I was supposed to hear back from regarding subbing @ the school in Pacific Palisades and he said that A (my former lead teacher 3 years ago!) holds me in the highest regard and how my resume is going to be kept in the forefront should any positions open up there and how they'd like me to come in for an interview later down the line. Then he mentions subbing there and how they have a teacher who will not be coming in this Thursday and Friday and if I could come in and sub!!!!!! Heck yeah, I can! :) That's yarn money!!!!!!!! teehee. I haven't called yet though. I didn't want to jump the gun. The email was sent out at 10:20 am and my fiance said to call the guy already at 10:27am. I don't want to seem desperate! I'll get in touch with him @ least before the end of the day. :) How exciting...but then that means I won't get to sleep in and I'll actually have to go to bed early the nights before. Plus, I'll be behind in my daily computer routine! Oh well, yarn money, right? ;)

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Those always look like fun little projects but my nature is to not use anything that I've made - quel horreur! Take all that time knitting face/wash/hand cloths and then ruin them by using them? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that cloth a while ago. I wonder where the heck I put it. Yours looks really great with the rainbow yarn! Good job on the job (yarn money) thing! Yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for you on the subbing job!!!! Your cloth is beautiful, the colors are awesome. Love how your turkey dishcloth from the KAL came out also. Ive used that color yarn before and I love those colors. I've got to get my finished, I've still got 2 more days to do. Off to finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you and you subbing position:) The colors on the wash cloth!!! Very pretty. I need to work on some small projects. They are so fast and yet vrey rewarding. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to back track on your blog to see a besotted. And WOW is it cool. Is that strippy yarn making that pattern??? It is very beautiful. I love the colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have another dish/wash cloth pattern I want to try! Yours turns out beautiful. I just love varigated yarns. They are so much fun to knit :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a beautiful washcloth, I've got to make it!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!