Sunday, November 5, 2006

shame on me!

Okay, I'm going to share a little secret with you all. I figured out what the pattern is for one of my dishcloth kal's. :O I saw the a picture of the dishcloth I'm working on and instantly knew that it was exactly what we're working on. I went so far as to google the pattern and I found it....so needless to say, I'm almost done with it. I'm up to 32 inches with my besotted. I think I'll be able to finish in 13 days if I keep working! Would you believe I still haven't finished one skein yet??? Yesterday, I told my fiance that there are two things I want to learn how to do in regards to knitting-@ least the two things I'm most interested in learning right now. One is how to knit with beads-I've seen it down on knitty gritty and it doesn't look too difficult and I want to learn how to knit socks from the toe-up. I know I've said this before but I actually started looking @ all the different cast-on's last night so I could pick one out to try, got my yarn out but didn't start because they want me to use size 0 dpns and the smallest size I have are 2's! :( It isn't helping that I visit the my first toe ups blog daily! I almost signed up today! I'm going to try out one of the cast-ons first before I join. I don't know which sock pattern I want to do yet either. Maybe toe-ups will be what turns me onto sock knitting, who knows! Also in other knitterly news, I picked up my copy of: and started leafing through it. I hadn't really looked @ it when it came in the mail a while back. It's going to come in handy as I learn how to knit toe-up and do short row heels! I also picked up my copy of: late last night and started to read it. I plan to have my fiance take pics of the way I knit so I can compare it to the pics in the book because maybe I'm not a combined knitter either! Annie Modesitt does talk about how there are so many variations of knitting though so I must do one. She references Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts in her book too which I thought was cool particularly because I had just looked @ a book written by her minutes before I got out my Knitting Heretic. I remembered in the Socks book, there are two diagrams that show how to do something if you hold your yarn in your right hand or your left hand. I don't remember right now what the technique was but it was refreshing to see the diagrams because usually we're just told to perform said technique the opposite of how it's described. Easier said than done. Okay, I'm rambing now. That means I'm procrastinating! In some not-so knitterly news, you'll all be glad to know that I have completed my floor plan that is due tomorrow night. I just have to transfer it onto poster board. I have to think about what I'm going to say about it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh well, you're too smart for your own knit-a-long good. hehe

    I need to practice the short row heel, mine don't look very good.

    Now, get that homework on to the posterboard! Did I sound all mom-like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on my second pair of toe-ups and I've used the magic cast on from Knitty both times, and I really, really like it. It's easier on 2 circs than dpns but still possible. http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/FEATmagiccaston.html

    Good luck with the floor plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm... is it dishcloth fun KAL?
    I think I knew it from the start too, but I was doing 3 other KAL with it, so I just stuck to the rows... I might try to finish it tonight though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, g-girl...glad I'm not the only one who figured out what we were knitting..LOL, but we can't spoil it for everyone else, right? Mine's been done for a while now :)

    Happy knitting :)
    P.S. I just love the new look of your blog, great work!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!