Thursday, August 24, 2006

something in the works

See this lovely beautifully made poncho on the hallway carpet? I'm in the process of frogging it. :O Yes, you read correctly. It was given to me by one of my students' mothers as a Christmas gift 2 years ago. I love it but it's way too big on me. It didn't occur to me until a few days ago that I could totally take the yarn from it and do something with it. So, I am in the process of frogging it and man oh man is it a pain! I'm almost done too. I've got a couple of sweaters @ my mother's house that are too small for me and the yarn is gorgeous..something else I'm going to frog for future use. :)

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that this beauty has to be frogged - but of course you're right, what's the use of it if you won't wear it because it's too big? And I'm sure you'll be coming up with an amazing pattern to use the yarn for - I'm already curious to see what it's going to be! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dipsy-It isn't that I won't wear it. I've worn it and I honestly look like a little girl wearing her mother's poncho in it. It's unfortunate. I thought about throwing it in the dryer but I didn't want to ruin it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!