Friday, January 19, 2007

my first finished object for 2007!

And I'm not too impressed with it. I've only done two lace projects (including this one--the first being the cloth I made for AR. This tells me I need to work on it some more. I need to learn the right tension. I had been eyeballing some of the lace patterns in the knitpicks catalog but I just haven't taken the time out to order anything out of any of the catalogs they send me! My first payday (in a long time!!) will be coming soon so maybe I can use some of my money to get some yarn for a lace project. We'll see. I have met all of my clients that I'll be working with and they're not so bad. That princess that I was complaining about last time, she's been taken care of. She just might become one of my favorites! The high-profile client that I have is quite high-profile. Let's put it this way, apparently Tom Cruise even recommended a tutor for my lil high-profile gal!!! Sigh...all I can do is my best, right? Also next month, I will start going to an elementary school two times a week two hours @ a time to work with small groups of Kindergarteners. :) It's going to be fun!! In other job news, remember how I was excited about finding out that the school I sub at has a 1st grade opening in the fall? They finally called me about it. Actually, they first called to ask if I'd be interested in their Spanish teacher position! (FYI: I've never taken a Spanish class in my life!!!!!). I can sort of speak it but not well @ all. I can get my point across. I suppose if I practiced more I'd be better than I am now...needless to say, I had to turn down that offer and I let them know that I wouldn't be qualified for that position anyway. Then they mentioned the 1st grade position. :D And since they know me (that is exactly what they said!), I don't even have to go through the preliminary interview process! I get to skip right on over to doing a model lesson. I'm going to do one sometime next month. I picked Language Arts. I haven't a clue what exactly I'm going to do. This would totally be a dream come true! Now, you might be wondering..what about this job I have now. I honestly would like to keep it. This job is the first one in a very long time where I totally and completely believe in what they're doing. I love my boss, I love my coworkers, I love where I work, etc, etc, etc. I talked to my boss about all this earlier this afternoon when I went in and she said as long as I @ least stayed on part-time and worked in the summer, she had no problems with it. She said, "You do need to make a living." I'm not holding my breath though...I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop somewhere and @ some point. I did that with my fiance too! I have yet to fix my broken 7 needle. I don't need it right now anyway. My sister is going to order me a new pair of 7s. I can't remember what I picked out. She's also going to get some pink yarn to go with that leafy green yarn I had been working with. She wanted a happy scarf not a dreary one. I don't know if she's ordered any of it yet cos she hasn't said anything. In the meantime, I'm going to attempt to finish my widdershin so I can get started on the second one. I actually could've started it a while back but I want to relish in my finished one first and then start the second one. Then once I get that underway, I'll finish my mittens. I don't know why I can't multi-task so well anymore!! I guess I just want to appreciate the little things. lol.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry your not happy with your 1st project of 2007 - I know all about not being happy with my knitting! Glad you like your job and that things are looking better and better on the job front.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is falling into order for you workwise...looks like everything will work out for you! I'm very happy for you :)

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome on the possible teaching job!

    I'm sorry your not happy with your lace work. I'm sure your next one will go better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been feeling like knitting something lacey. Maybe a shawl? Hmmm.

    You go, girl! Hope you get just the job you want. And remember, you can do anything you put your mind to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the job stuff!

    Tension can be such a fickle beast. In zooming in on your projects, it's hard to tell but are you sure you aren't twisting your stitches? I wrapped my purls the wrong way for about six months and was *amazed* at how much better the fabric looked and felt once I figured it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, Tom Cruise recommended a tutor?? Im curious and have an idea, but I know you have to keep mum!! You should definitely give lace another try!! I tried it and loved it!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!