Tuesday, January 16, 2007

say goodbye to these two things..

I frogged my sister's scarf. Do you see why?? Somehow I lost oh, about 5 stitches along the way and it started to shift on the left hand side. I have frogged this sucker @ least 3 times and to no avail so I decided that was it for me. I needed something that didn't require SO much of my attention. I let her know, and had her choose another pattern. She saw the pattern for uniscarfity that I had saved to my computer. So we had to go out and get some more yarn! We picked out some chestnut brown in the paton's and when we got home, we didn't like how red it was. In the store, it looked more like a chocolate hue. Now, we were in a hurry and rather than read the label, we just eyeball-matched colors with the yarn we already had @ home. I started working on the uniscarfity pattern, and I didn't like how it was turning out. I think I was doing something wrong. I decided to look through my BW Treasury of Knitting Patterns and found something similar to the honeycomb brioche stitch used in the uniscarfity but I dunno. I'm still not loving it. The other pic is of my poor size 7 needle. I was knitting the uniscarfity, when it just snapped. I tend to drop my needles when I'm knitting. I was sitting in the kitchen knitting by the fish tank and the needle dropped (no surprise) but when I looked down, it was in pieces. :( I can still use the plastic part (and I'm actually doing just that) but I'm so bummed. I'm going to try super glue and see what happens because it's going to be a while before I can get some new 7's. :(

6 comments:

  1. That is too funny. I've frogged the scarf I'm currently working on 3 times already (so far) I'm giving it ONE more go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! The scarf looked like it would be so pretty. Sorry about your needle too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for you. What you had done so far on the scarf was beautiful...hopefully this next pattern will be easier.It's tough to give up on a project...I feel for you (broken needle and all)!

    Hopefully you will have lots of happy knitting in your future :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you'll find just the right pattern. :) Poor needle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Im so sorry all your hard work went to the frog!! But I love the color you had chosen. Try the super glue trick. Same thing happened to me and I used super glue and haven't had a problem since.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that scarf pattern. Bummer about your needle. Hope the glue works and oue up and kniting soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!