Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Page 123 meme

I saw this over at Liz's blog and thought it sounded like fun. 1. Grab the book closest to you. 2. Open to page 123, look down to the 5th sentence. 3. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog. 4. Include the title and the author's name. 5. Tag 3 People. When I first saw this this morning, I didn't have any books near me! Now I realize that there was one right behind me that wasn't a knitting book! "The hold and compare stimulation can be developed receptively with the teacher miscalling the imaged stimulus and the student noting the error. This sets the student up for judging his or her own errors, thus specifically practicing the monitoring task. Here is Buzz at the complex level, doing syllable imaging without a chain, and moving in and out of receiving a word to receiving letters." Seeing Stars, Nanci Bell. ETA: I guess it would've been nice to say what kind of book this was and all. With all the training I've been doing, it is an Education-related book. It is about teaching children how to visualize letters in their head to help them remember how to spell words. Let me see....I tag AR cos she's been doing tagging me a lot and now it's my turn, hakucho, and windansea. Again, no one's obligated but how could you turn this one away?? :)

4 comments:

  1. Hehe, I stayed up late and did your meme. Man, I am beat! Great teaser photos. Can't wait to find out the rest of the story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one has been kind of fun. My boyfriend sent me an email with three lines of code that took me forever to figure out why he'd sent them. That was his page 123! (He's in comp sci)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha - I'll definitely get around to this one! And ps, is that yarn in a frapuccino cup I see up there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. liz, that's hilarious that you received 3 lines of code from your bf!

    lydia,I believe it is a frappuccino cup you saw up there!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!