Wednesday, January 31, 2007

some pictures!

Here's my sister's scarf thus far. I've knitted 25 inches. I was thinking maybe stopping at about 5 ft. What do you all think? I haven't decided yet and tend to just eyeball it. When I make scarves, I decide how long to make it based on how it hangs on me after I've wrapped it around once. I don't think this one needs to wrap around as much because it's so thin.
This would be a picture of my traveling vines cloth blocked. I did a lot of stretching to it and it looks so nice now! :) It's upside down in the pic but you get the idea. :)
I have spent the last hour and a half reading blogs, skimming through group posts, when I found this. And I'm referring to that Valentine dishcloth pattern! I am so making that and soon. I've been sitting here trying to stop myself from starting it right now because I'd like to finish my sister's scarf. We'll see how I do. I'm sure by the end of the weekend, you'll all be seeing a pic of my version of that cloth. lol. Hopefully you'll also be seeing either an almost complete pair of convertible mittens (I'm serious!) or an almost completed scarf! I thought about my mittens last night/this morning and I need to get a move on with them. It won't be cold for that much longer and I'll have to wait until next winter to use them! I can wear socks anytime but not mittens!
Thanks for all the comments. Liz, I owe you an email! :) Thanks for your email address!
Oh wait! I almost forgot something. Well, technically I did forget so I'm back to mention it. I signed up for my first swap! :D I signed up for the favorite color swap. I'm so glad I stumbled upon it. Sign-ups end tomorrow I believe. I can't wait! Okay, that's all my news for today!

8 comments:

  1. The scarf looks really great so far. I love that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf is coming along well.

    Your traveling vines turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't be long and your sister's scarf will be finished. Very pretty!
    Your travelling vines cloth is so pretty, too. Dishcloths even though they are quick to knit do become a distraction. Hope you can finish your mittens so you can wear them...I can send you some cold air as by the weekend it should be frigid here again :)

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been knitting! Yay. The scarf is looking great. Are you glad you stuck with this pattern?

    The cloth is cute, too! :)

    Have fun swapping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scarf! I've been meaning to tackle my Irish Hiking Scarf again after it argued with me about the repeats and I screwed it up...

    I'm thinking yours is inspiring me to finish it, already!

    As for the Valentine's Cloth, let me know how you make out with the colour changes... It frightens me (baby)

    TTFN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey g-girl,

    Thanks for the info about the "FunwithDishclothFunKAL". I'll make sure to email the Judith for an invite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. rhoda - wow that scarf is looking really good! =)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!