Tuesday, January 2, 2007

vacation knitting

Happy New Year everyone! :) Just wanted to post really quickly some of the knitting I did while I was at my parents' house. :) My widdershins are slowly coming along. I really like how they're turning out. The knitting is going slow but who said it was going to be a marathon?? ;) As I mentioned in a post while I was still at my parents' house, my kr gift exchange partner gifted me with Vogue Stitchionary 2 [Cables!!!!!] and here's the scarf that I finally have started and actually like for my sister! To the trained knitters' eye, you can see some of the mistakes I've already made. It was too late to go back and correct..especially since I'm working with 60 some stitches and I can't even begin to tell you how many cables are in each row. It, too is coming along nicely. :) The knitting was slow starting off but I'm starting to get then hang of it. In this picture, it actually looks really cool. Last night, I got started on a pair of convertible mittens. No pictures to share because I've only done about 2 rows! Ummmm..when we got home yesterday, my yarn which I forgot to even talk about here before I left for the holidays was waiting for me. I was the December newsletter winner at the yarn grove and I won a skein of lorna's laces bullfrogs and butterflies! It was hard to choose what color but I settled with cedar. I think I thought it was going to be a bit brighter but it's okay. I have no idea what I'm going to make with it! I'll be back with a few more posts chock-ful of more pictures and a san francisco treat! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your yarny prize! I love the socks and the scarf. I got a lot less done over the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty and very fancy knitting :)

    happy knitting in 2007 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo nice yarn pron... congrats on winning.
    Nice cabling.. fun isn't it?
    DH gifted me with VOLs 1 & 2 for mother's day last year. I gifted myself with Vol 3. That's one of my personal goals this year to learn 2 (or more) color knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!