Monday, January 25, 2010

can the sh-- hit the fan twice??

Okay, before I go on, the hubby is a-okay. We're still trying to get into the swing of things but that isn't something that'll happen overnight!
The new sh-- involves my brother, his wife, and that lil monkey. In a nutshell, my brother has moved back into my parents' house so it is now, my parents, my husband, and I plus him. I don't know if this is going to be a forever thing or just a temporary thing. His lips are sealed. Plus we've been so busy, we're not around as much so I haven't been able to investigate. I'm not really sure how he's doing with the new living arrangements. I know his wife is holding her own but can I tell you how pissed I am that the lil monkey is smack dab in the middle of all this garbage??? Ugh. It is heartbreaking to hear the things that she has been saying to her mom. This is going to scar her in so many ways. I keep hoping that things will work out but I really don't know what the future is going to hold for them. I know that I'll still be in her life and so will my husband and I'm sort of counting on him to be her male role model since her own dad couldn't step up to the plate. I don't know if it's just miscommunication or if someone has grown out of love or what but there's a freakin' lil girl at stake here. She's the one that matters the most. Yet she's the one who is going to hurt the most for the rest of her life.
So with my brother now here at the house it is an additional stressor. My mother and I got into it Sunday night (when he brought all his belongings). She had the nerve to say to me now where are we going to put his things since I took up all the space! My response was, "I am TWO people." YOU take up your own closet in your bedroom PLUS the hall closet so don't be telling me any crap. You're making me feel as though you don't even WANT me here. I don't even know why I wanted to move closer to you. I don't know why you're pulling all this crap NOW. When you know how fragile I am and you know that I can't take anymore." Then I got up to walk away and I said that between her and my father, I was going to be the next person going to the emergency room because they were going to give me a nervous breakdown.
Oh, and before we even got into that conversation, she actually had to ask me why was my brother crying. Umm.....maybe because he is human and has feelings? Something (I'm learning) that both my parents are lacking. I had gotten into it with my father as well earlier in the evening which is why I made the remark about both of them sending me to the hospital. When I was talking to my father, I let him know that I was actually having chest pains the day before so if he wants to keep going, go ahead, and put me in the damn hospital.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have to go through all of this right now. Just too much. I hope everything works out, but that's easy for me to say sitting here.

    Just know you are in my thoughts and you have my sympathy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez... could it get any more frustrating? I don't think so. Knit for sanity (and try not to stab anyone with your needles... I know it's tempting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you are going through this right now. I hope it all gets better soon. Sorry to hear about all the stuff Monkey is going through, at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!