Sunday, January 3, 2010

the sh-- has hit the fan.

Well, my husband is still in the hospital. He may be there for another week. He is slowly getting better but it's going to be a while before he's anywhere near 'normal' (if that even exists anymore). It's been tough having him in the hospital. My family isn't the greatest of support networks and since I'm spending most of my time in the hospital, no one really knows how I'm doing. I wasn't doing all that great. I had myself an emotional breakdown on New Year's Day in the hospital but I think that was compounded by all the other crap that is going on around me. So the sh-- that has hit the fan has to do with my brother and his wife. Why they have to be going through marital problems while my own husband is in the hospital, I have no freakin' clue. I can't go into details but it's bad and it's only going to get worse. My poor monkey. :( 2009 hasn’t been the best of years but it will definitely be one that I don’t ever forget. I hope the fact that 2009 was mostly a crappy year (at least the last quarter of it) will mean that the rest of my life will be wonderful! (I can dream, can’t I??) So far, 2010 is lookin' a wee bit better than 2009 because my husband is still alive. I don’t know what I’d do if things had gone the other way. I think about it and know that I wouldn’t have been able to have stayed here at my parents. I would’ve needed to run. Run somewhere that I had never been before and had no memories of us so that I could start over. I’m glad I don’t have to do that just yet. I will definitely be cherishing the little things even more so now than ever before but in truth, I’ve always been a person who cherished the little things. Last night my husband asked me what was the first thing I wanted to do once he was out of the hospital. My response? I just wanted to lay in bed with him and cuddle. He of course wants to do something more adventurous than me and he already has plans for the summer when he hopes to be healthier. I really do hope that he will be healthier then. I don’t think I could take him only being healthy for a little while and then losing him. It would hurt too much. Now for what you all have been waiting for! I was finally able to take pictures of the knitting bag I got

the mini-sewing machine and the piggy pendant from my husband In addition, here are pictures of the yarn I got for Christmas too.

Adobe who let the bear in? sand castles pressed violets Here are the latest projects I’ve been working on. Maximus was a super fast knit. I feel so fashion forward when I wear it (granted I’ve only worn it once!). My husband liked it so much that I cast on for a smaller version for him but I might add a button instead. I cast on for the super cupcake too. It was one of the first things I wanted to make in the new year. I’m nearly finished with the hat and will cast on for the cowl as soon as I finish the hat. I’ve been neglecting the second habitat I need to knit for my best friend. It’s much easier to do mindless knitting in the hospital than to follow a chart!! I want to cast on for prickle soon. I want to make one in honor of my MIL because when she was still living, she would mention seeing a show on how to make a moebius and I never picked up on the fact that she was dropping hints to get me to make her one. :( Guess what-there is a bit of good news that I can share! I have an interview tomorrow to work at a high-end shop in a neighboring town. My husband has a friend whose best friend is running this shop and this guy is in need of someone to help at the shop. Apparently, I’d move up quickly and the money would increase just as quickly so we’ll see. The idea of being qualified to do something other than teach is refreshing and I’m a bit excited about this new venture into retail. Is that weird?? I’ve never worked retail. In fact, I didn’t think I’d even be considered for a retail job because I have no experience in that area. I was aiming to get a secretary job but this will do for now (if I am offered the position!!). I shouldn’t jinx myself. ;) Oh, I actually have some resolutions this year. Most of them revolve around blogging. ha. We'll see how I do! I want to post to my blog more often. I want to take better pictures of my finished projects and any yarn I shouldn't be purchasing in the coming year!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're having such a struggle right now, but things *will* get better. You'll survive, learn and carry lessons forward. This doesn't make it suck any less now, of course, but "this too shall pass."

    Your maximus is gorgeous, and what nice gifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals for 2010!~

    LOVE your cowl. I want to make one like now. But have other stuff I have to finish first, LOL

    Love your super cupcake! Oh, these patterns are super nice. Glad you made them!

    Was Maximus really just over 1 skein? I have 4.5 skeins of Burly Spun, but I want to make sure enough for the Cozy Bolero. If there's leftover after, then I will make Maximus with it. Or maybe I just just trust that I have enough yardage and make Maximus, LOL. What to do!??

    I'm also not buying any yarn in 2010. I'm in no sock clubs either. I will be knitting from stash & knitting for me. I will also make myself a sweater in 2010! Or two!

    How'd the job interview go? Did you get the job?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetie I am sending you hugs and lots of love. I hope things get better for you soon. Good luck on the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everyday gets easier!

    Love your knitting bag!

    That's one adorable sewing machine...very handy :)

    Luscious yarn and that little piggy is so cute!

    Good luck with your interview....fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry! 2009 was a hard year for my family, too, but at least we all have our health. Doesn't it seem like when things start getting crazy, it just seems to come from all sides? I hope this new year will be very blessed for you and all of your family members. Hang in there.

    -Marie

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!