Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I finished!

I picked up The Christmas List again last night and guess what? I could not put the book down. I finished it in the wee hours of the morning to the sound of rain. It left me with a warm feeling inside which is just what I've been needing. I'm going to return my two books to the library and I hope to get lucky again and find some more good books to read! Also while I'm at the library I hope to catch up on some blogs! I did a bit of knitting on my leafy greens yesterday. I've started the fourth repeat of the body and then I'll be able to work on the edging. I wanted to work on my crack sock but I knew if I started, I wouldn't put the thing down until it was the wee hours of the morning so I opted to read instead! Yesterday afternoon before going to the hospital, I wound the two skeins of yarn selected by my husband for his future socks.
This is adobe earmarked for the bricker sock pattern.

This is deep forest earmarked for the gridiron sock pattern.

It was very difficult not casting on for them last night when I got home from the hospital. *Two great things about today so far: It looks like we might actually have some blue skies after a couple nights of rain and my internet is finally working 'normally' again. Yay!

4 comments:

  1. Great yarn!

    I love it when I'm reading a book I can't put down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... leafy greens! I love that! And those colors are so super yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good that your internet is back :) It must have been hard not to cast on those socks, but now you'll have something to look forward to later. Love the colors of the yarn :) Both will be very handsome....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yarn! I am reading a Christmas book right now too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!