Friday, January 15, 2010

Pardon the dust..

I just realized that my favorite template was no longer available. So I'm playing around with things here..bear with me! Since I've been away, leafy greens is nearly finished..I'm about 16 rows away from completion. I also managed to finish and complete a book! This was yet another good find. The writing was compelling and the language vivid. It was almost like I really was a 'watcher' (that's what the main character, Mathilda refers to the people that might be watching her). I was disappointed by the ending but then I thought would I have rather have had a happy ending? The answer is no. It's basically a story of a young girl finding her way after the death of her sister whether she gets to a point of acceptance or not is up to you to decide. I am at the library to pick up some books I placed on hold the other day. Back in the day, they used to charge you a $1 to place a book on hold. I'm not sure if that's still the case but I brought $$ just in case! I also put a bunch of other stuff on hold as well. What boggles my mind though is I was at the library the other day and I physically went to seek out some of the books I placed on hold this morning and I couldn't find them. Yet, they were listed in the library catalog. Go figure. I thought I was losing my mind for a second. As for the hubby-we heard yesterday that the Medi-Cal papers finally went in the mail and the case manager said we'd probably hear back the latest next Thursday. Meanwhile...we received a bill already. I don't even want to open it! Okay I'm off..must pick up my books that the librarian is holding for me and head on home.

5 comments:

  1. We've never had to pay to put books on hold at our library. What I do love is being able to request books from other libraries ...for free. We are really lucky :)

    Hope you have a good weekend and hubby will be feeling better and come home real soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have to pay to put books on hold at our library, but if you don't go and pick them up, they do charge you for it. That book Mathilda Savitch looks really good. I'm going to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you end up having to pay a buck to put those books on hold?

    How's Joey doing?

    Love the new blog template!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!