Wednesday, January 20, 2010

feelin' like a zombie

I haven't slept well in the past two nights. I'm not sure who/what to blame. I finished Mommywood the other night in the wee hours of the morning. And I have to say, once I got through the first forty-some pages (where I thought it was going to be the reality series all over again), I was proven wrong. It was actually pretty good. She genuinely does struggle with wanting a 'normal' life for her kids and Hollywood stardom. Some situations that she writes about in her book do appear on the show but she goes more in-depth in the book.
I started one of the books on my little list yesterday after picking it up from the library. I have to go there again to pick up yet another one. I don't know why they don't just wait until they've compiled everything and then call you. It turns out a movie is going to be released of the book I'm reading! How funny is that. I don't know if I agree with the cast so far though..
There's been a bit of progress on the knitting front. I was adventurous yesterday and did a bit of knitting on at least three of my current projects: crack, blood, sweat & tears, and my super cupcake cowl.



No pictures of the super cupcake cowl because it pretty much looks the same as you saw it last time! I actually had to rip back about an inch because I screwed up a row and couldn't stand looking at it when I was working on it last night. It was so bad that even my husband noticed it!! He wanted to rip it back to where I wanted to start from but I was nervous. He did all right..didn't go too far or anything, thank goodness! He is still in the hospital..in fact one of his doctors asked him what the hold up was regarding his release! Sigh..We were hoping sometime this week but now it seems maybe it won't be until next week. Hopefully it will be soon because I can't take this shlepping to the hospital everyday for much longer.
One last thing..I must do some yarn enabling. If you haven't tried any sundara yarn, she's got some new sock yarns up and she probably has stocked up her other yarn as well.

ETA: The previous link I provided for the book I started after Mommywood was a New York Times link to the first chapter. Since you now have to pay to read the NY Times online, I guess they changed the url. Sorry guys!! 

10 comments:

  1. You are an enabler...found a destash today that had some three irish girls and sunshine...haven't tried sundara yet...bad bad!:)

    Hope hubby is doing better? Let me know...always in my prayers.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there sweetie!! Your work looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love some of those yarn colorways! "Duke of Irony" calls to me, but I just can't bring myself to shell out $28.00 for yarn when I'm only just beginning. Your projects look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a great day when you get to dabble a little in all of your different projects. What fun!

    How is your hubby doing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just dropping by to wish you a PEAR-fect weekend--from French Picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your socks are awesome! Love the color :)

    Hope things have improved by now and your hubby will be home very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the socks - what a great color!

    Hope your husband comes home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from PEAR! I love that plummy colorway and admittedly have 4 or 5 different yarns in my stash right now that are v. similar.

    Sending lots of well wishes to you and the hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's the 2nd book you talk about after Mommywood? The link doesn't work. Now I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!