Saturday, January 9, 2010

life goes on

Like I said, the ribbing was killing me so you shouldn't be surprised that I've sort of abandoned it (for now!). Yesterday, I revisited the habitat hat I'm making for my best friend in Portland. I've finished the first chart and I started Chart C.I was trying to come up with a name for it but nothing has stuck yet. I cast on for a pair of socks yesterday too! It's been a while since I've had a pair of socks on the needles and I have to say it was nice. I re-cast on for the craic socks which I had started back in March or so of last year but I wasn't too happy with them. The pattern is flowing much better this time around. I think working on the habitat and the macduff hat helped. Hopefully I won't run into the same problem I ran into the first couple times around which were missed cables and the sock fitting too tight! No decent pic of my super cupcake hat to share yet..but hopefully soon! Oh! I finished my first book of 2010. I want to keep track of all the books I read this year like Kristyn does! Though I don't think I'll be able to keep as good track as she does. I finished Wishin' and Hopin' by Wally Lamb. I have to tell you that it was such a fun read and parts of it were pretty hysterical. The book made me think of that (annoying) movie, A Christmas Story (probably because of the kitschy-ness) but this book was better! Yesterday, I started The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans (I know, what is up with all these Christmas books after Christmas. I didn't expect to find them at the library when I went the other day and I had been wanting to read the Wally Lamb book and just happened to find the other one too). I was intrigued by what was written on the inside cover jacket so I had to get it. This one won't be so funny but I'm sure it will be just as good.

6 comments:

  1. Being slightly OCD helps with the keeping track of things. My DH makes fun of me because I alphabatize my spices (among other things).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your hat and socks look great so far. I'm glad you are keeping busy knitting and reading...but can you do both at the same time? That's what I need to learn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks look so pretty! What yarn is that?

    I like the idea of keeping track of all the books you have read. I may have to borrow that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new projects - I haven't cabled in a while and really should find a pattern and do some!

    Sorry to hear about all the things going on (just catching up on blog posts). I hope that your family is ok, and things calm down. Glad to hear that your husband is getting better and hope he's out of the hospital soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work!! Are you on goodreads? That is a super easy way to keep track of what you read and what you want to read. Go to goodreads.com. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the book reviews! I will have to look into those!

    Great project progress. Love the greens!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!