Saturday, January 23, 2010

oy vey

I think I spoke too soon in that last post. It turns out that my dad is now the one in the hospital. He had an allergic reaction to something and woke up with a rash all over his body and his face was swollen. He woke up unable to breathe! He had already gone to the ER a day or so before but went home cos he told them he was fine. Boy was he mistaken. So he's spending the night in the hospital just for observation.
With all these recent trips to the hospital (ER, hospital waiting room, etc.) I've been able to get pretty far with my super cupcake cowl. I might even be able to finish it. Waiting rooms and the ER are ideal places for mindless knitting. They're not the best places to be..but knitting will definitely take your mind off things if you have to spend a lot a time in either of these places.
We went with my brother and his wife to see my dad in the ER. My mom had spent most of the day with him and was home when my husband and I came back from our errands. When my brother and his wife got to the house, I sensed something was up because my sil looked like she had been crying. I asked her if she was okay but she said she was fine. I didn't believe her but respected that she didn't want to talk about it.
Sorry that there haven't been any pics in the last couple of blogs. I haven't much to show off! I've only strictly been working on my super cupcake cowl.

4 comments:

  1. I hope your dad get better soon. Maybe you should just find a job at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that's terrible. You know what they say...things happen in threes. Hopefully now -- that will be it. Hope your Dad will be feeling better real soon!

    Knitting is a necessity waiting in the ER...that I know from experience ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Rhoda! You need a reprieve from all this stress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your dad is better soon. Did they find out what he's allergic to?

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!