Tuesday, October 17, 2006

almost famous

First of all, thank you's have to go out to whimsical knitting, AR, egj, and tammy for all the comments! :) Thanks ladies! Okay, I just found out that a pic of my flower power is up at whimsical knitting. It's such an honor. :) It's feels like someone just came home with fresh baked cookies for me! :) Or surprised me with something else. If you've been following along here with my blog, you know that I was supposed to be knitting only during daylight hours and not in the evenings so I would curtail the amount of time I spend knitting to prevent further injury to my right hand. Turns out that's not working. I'm finding myself knitting in the evenings as opposed to the daytime-except for yesterday when I just had to get the washcloth done. Am I knitting and 'watching tv' @ the same time? Actually no. I go through these things where I try to 'simplify' my life and step away from the excessive multi-tasking. There's no need to be in a hurry all the time. How can we enjoy the simple pleasures of life if we're always running around like chickens with their heads chopped off? I can't enjoy my knitting or my progress if I'm also on the computer which is why when I'm on the computer, I'm on the computer. Granted, sometimes I'll eat while I'm on the computer and sometimes I'll talk on the phone but it isn't for very long. I do sometimes watch tv and talk to my fiance at the same time about stuff that has nothing to do with what we're watching or it might have everything to do with what we're watching. Just depends on what pops up in my head I guess. I've taken to knit in spurts when it's quiet. I don't know why. Maybe it adds to the escaping I'm doing while I'm knitting. Now today, I'm going to sit down and actually attempt to get started on that budget plan for my class. Would you believe that I think @ least 10 of the people in my class (if not more) have either started their budget plan or they've already completed it. And I used to be an overachiever. What happened to me?? My reward for @ least getting started is to get to work on that hissing black kitty dishcloth I started. I think I'm almost halfway done with it too.:)

4 comments:

  1. I must say, I am the one who is honored! I'm honored because you chose one of my patterns :)!
    I do so hope that your hand is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a left-handed knitter as well. Enjoyed your blog; good luck with the right hand.

    ~firefly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting on my IHS wristwarmers. I now match my dog - one of his winter coats is in the same yarn. He's black and white with a little tan so he looks good in everything. : - )

    I love your flower power washcloth. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try not to multitask, or sign my kids up for every sport, every class, every activity. Sometimes, I just like to be. Hope you find a happy medium between knitting and resting that hand!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!