Tuesday, October 24, 2006

still here

I apologize for having been mia the last few days. All that time I was away, I was working on that blasted budget plan. Who knew it was going to take that much work to complete!! And in the end, I don't even think I put nearly as much into it as some of my classmates. I say this because one of my classmates had me look @ hers before she turned it in because she wanted to know if she did it right! I told her, I don't even know if I did it right. Well, she did so much more work than I did! Mine consisted of two columns and was 2 pages long. She had way more than I did plus she had hers in a report cover with a title page. How long has it been since the last time I was in college?? Whatever. It's done and it's out of my hair and I vowed to never have to do a budget again so I also vowed to never own my own business. I told my fiance (who did by the way help me out in the end!) that if I ever did have a business, there was no way I was going to do the money stuff. No way in hell I tell you. There was of course some knitting done to take my mind off of the budget plan. :) It was really tedious stuff though.What in the world is this you're asking yourself? That would be my curly purly pumpkin except it's still in tube formation. I've got @ least 15 more rounds to go before it'll actually start to look like a pumpkin! My fiance is going to be in charge of creating the face. He likes doing stuff like that. He was in charge of the faces for the toasty pocket creatures I made a few months ago. Remember them? Of course the yarn choice was poor with those lil monsters so this time around his work will be more visible! Aside from my soon-to-be pumpkin, I've also been working on this: Are you feelin' a bit of deja vu? Haven't you seen this before? Like say a few weeks ago maybe? You have but I frogged them. I restarted them the other night. I decided to actually stick with the pattern but I'm going to add some striping because I already know I don't have enough yarn. Maybe the whole marker issue will make sense if I actually stick to the pattern. Last night as we were coming home from class, I decided I needed to make a new pair of fetching but I'm going to do a few changes. I like the simplicity of the pattern but I want more cables and I want a different length so I'm going to play with that in my head first before I decide what I really want to do. I know that I'm going to use my leftover yarn from my IHS because I've got @ least 2 balls of that rowan cashsoft. :) Yay! I've been thinking about that besotted I started too. It's starting to be time that I get to work on it, don't you think? ;) Okay I'm off..not to knit though. I've got a chapter to read for class and then I actually have to start studying for my midterm next Monday night.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the completed pumpkin! We saw some adorable felted pumpkins for sale at Rhinebeck - I was tempted . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I can finally leave a comment! I always think I want to run my own business, until I think of the money stuff and tax stuff. I'd have to pay someone else to do all of that!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!