Friday, October 20, 2006

meow!

I finished it last night, my first intarsia project. I am so much wiser now after having gotten my first one under my belt. We went to Barnes and Noble yesterday and they're having a sale. I don't like not being able to spend money . :( They had the vogue stitchionaries on sale (volumes 1&2) and I looked through volume 3. I may add them to my Christmas list. I'm not sure. I looked a few pattern books too and there are a few of those I want to add to my list as well! ha. I casted on for my pumpkin too. We'll see when I finish it. Okay, this has gotta be a quick one cos we've got some errands that need to be taken care of now!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh -- how cute - you did GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time visitor here. I love your halloween cats. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so great! Amazing that it was your first intarsia too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love your spooky Halloween cat! And I have made many outings myself with Flat Stanley--did you ever see the pic of Clint Eastwood at the Oscars with Flat Stanley? Look it up, it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice scaredy cat! Pretty good for a first intarsia project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful!... I must learn to do that.
    Where did you get the pattern??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    I know this is an old post, but I too am left handed and I knit. I'm starting my first intarsia project and I was wondering if the rules that they post for right handers are reversed for left handers? IOW... right handers are told to not cross the yarns when changing colors on a left slant, so for left handers would it be correct to say to not cross the yarns when changing colors on a right slant?

    Any help and opinion you can offer is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!