Wednesday, October 25, 2006

It's the great pumpkin! (almost!)

Okay, I finished those last rounds of my pumpkin last night. :) This pic is to show you how long it is. My fiance said I should've kept going and I could've made an outfit for myself! I don't think orange is my color. This is what my pumpkin looked like when I started to fill it. Instead of using fiberfill or other 'normal' things that people use to fill up pillows per se, I opted to use something else. I still have all my workshirts from the school I taught at for the last three years. Yes, workshirts. We had to wear uniforms! And I didn't have the forethought to hand them over @ the end of the school year because I only signed the new contract to keep my health benefits over the summer! I should've take photos of the workshirts I used. Maybe I'll surprise you all in my next blog. This is what my pumpkin looked like after I filled it with three workshirts and a renegade sock that lost its mate. I forgot to mention that I cut off the collar, the cuffs, and the button part of the shirts because they gave the pumpkin a weird shape! Here's the knitted pumpkin next to a real pumpkin. :) Gosh, that real one is towering over my knitted one! And this is a photo of what my pumpkin will look like potentially once its got a face and has its i-cord attached. :)I'm hoping my fiance will create the face soon so I can show it off.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I can't wait to see it with it's face. You've been busier than I have! Well, except for all of my unknitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They, that's great! And to think I was going to buy a pumpkin!

    Thanks for the compliment on my bears, I'm pretty pleased with them!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!