Monday, October 2, 2006

Everything's happening all @ once!

Well, I got back late last night from home and guess what? I'm going to have to make another trip there because my niece is possibly going to pop out today! My brother's gf went into labor about 45 min. ago so it could be a while but she's coming. She's ready. And my mom knew that she'd come in the next two days. My dad is pretty much 100%. He's ready to go home and might get to go home tomorrow if not the next day. With each day that we went to spend with him, we could see him returning to normal. Thank goodness. So everything is going to return to normal again. I knitted a bit even though I know I shouldn't have. I couldn't help it. You all know what a stress reliever knitting is! I casted on for a second pair of fetching. I'm doing some striping with it so we'll see how it turns out. This pair is going to be for my fiance...who I have say was so sad that he didn't have his bearclaws with him on our trip cos his hands were cold all the time! In the car, on the way home on Friday, I was chilly. I was glad that I had my old navy fleece scarf with me because I used it like a wrap. I decided I needed to knit a wrap specifically for that purpose rather than using a scarf as a wrap. I searched this morning for some patterns and found one! I started it while watching general hospital. It is a cabled wrap. I am using my tlc cara mia that has been in need of some kind of project for like forever. I have 3 skeins so it should be just enough since the pattern calls for 4 skeins of some caron yarn which is about 150 yds and each skein of my cara mia is 210. I hope I calculated correctly. I started out making a triangular shawl with it but then I thought, "I don't even wear shawls." So I frogged it and it's been sitting in my closet waiting for the perfect pattern. I hope I've found it. I haven't any pics right now because I should be reviewing my notes for my first midterm for my class tonight. I miss not having a class. Okay, I was bad and thought, "Providing pics so everyone can see how much I've accomplished doesn't take that long." So here they are!
This is what I have so far for my cabled wrap:
And here's what I've got so far for my striped fetching:
I can't knit too much like I used to. I've decided that I'm only going to knit while it's still light out and I'm going to try not to do any marathon knitting which is most likely what got me in my current predicament. When I was home, my wrist didn't hurt so much. I can apply pressure on it but it's not 100% yet. Hopefully soon. Something cool that happened today...I had meant to post about how I wanted to be able to do 300 revolutions with a hula hoop but didn't. In any case, I've been hula hooping lately off and on. Well, I did it today for the first time ever! The closest I had gotten was 187. I hope I can keep it up.

2 comments:

  1. Knit in little spurts. I like the pics. Glad your dad's doing better. New niece? Yay! Good job hula hoopin'. That must be quite a work out!
    p.s. Thanks for the comment. I don't know what yarn and pattern to spend my bday cash on. Trust me, that's not a problem I usually have. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. A knitter and a hula hooper--amazing. Do you think the coordination needed is similar (even if the endurance isn't)?

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!