Wednesday, April 4, 2012

D is for Day

I have decided that the prettiest days ever are the ones that come after a rain. It was true in SoCal (where the air quality is awful but the sky sure is a beauty after some rain) and it's true here (with cleaner air to boot!) Isn't the air that much fresher after it rains? I love it.
Most days I have to spend indoors with my students. It sucks--particularly on gorgeous days which we've had a few of. It doesn't help that our school is located on and around commercial property either--no natural landscapes to explore (other than the fields). Opportunities for getting dirty or exploring are pretty minimal and that's not what childhood should be about. But I digress. It's a beautiful day out there. I'm going outside!

Photobucket


5 comments:

  1. Could you send some of that pretty sky my way? We had rainy skies on the Florida panhandle today, but it was breezy and cool - only 84 for a high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a teacher, too, and loved that we had a lot of green grass all around the school. For some reason, we always had better discussions when outside. (I have a degree in math, but I taught English too my last three years of teaching.) Sorry your outdoors is so unfriendly!
    Go Team Tina!

    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-Host of the April A to Z Challenge
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely have to get outside on the beautiful days :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!