Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Feast


The hubs and I just returned from having Seder over at our friends' house.  It was the first time either of us had ever been to a Seder. We are so stuffed!  Aside from all the ritualistic stuff (the four glasses of wine--we had mini glasses, the matzah, and the sandwiches) there was a lot of yummy stuff. There was gefilte fish, matzo ball soup (of course), brisket roasted with potatoes and carrots, and a cake with what seemed like lemon curd and seasoned strawberries.  The ritual part was done via the 30 Minute Seder.  I believe we started around 6 and didn't finish completely until about 9:30. Is that typical?  Are they usually longer than that? In any case, I love me some brisket and I am still full!


Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious -- especially as I am sitting here contemplating what to have for dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey for your first Seder!!

    Ours is always the short version too, since we are not religious at all.

    Glad you got to try all the yummy food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to one. Sounds like some yummy food. Is it called fellowship like a Christian church calls it, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!