Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O is for Orchid


Last March, the hubs and I got an orchid.  It was one of the centerpieces at my coworker's daughter's baptism/2nd birthday celebration.  It's still alive!!  In the above pic, those are some of the buds that popped up back in December.  I can't even remember how many orchids I have had but this one has survived the longest. The first one I ever had was a pretty green one that I brought to LA to live.  I have reason to believe my ex-roommate's karma killed it. lol. Sigh. Most of the buds have already opened. And guess what? There are a few more. I just wish they weren't all on the same branch.  It has become quite top heavy.  I want to move it into a bigger pot but I also don't want to mess with it.  It's survived this long, you know? Yay for our orchid!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hey there, I am neglectful as well, since I haven't been reading my favourite blogs, nor posting to mine very often. Don't beat yerself up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plants are amazing. All they need is light and water. Maybe the occasional feed. I whisper encouragement and appreciation to mine--just in case they need that too. Blog on!

    http://francene-wordstitcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orchid is one of my favorite flowers...but I'm not very good at keeping them alive. When I lived in Borneo I had them growing wild in my garden. That was wonderful.
    Rhia from Five Minute Piece for Inspiration (about # 776 on A to Z list)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am terrible at keeping plants too. What a pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for orchids is right! What a pretty orchid. It must be happy where you have it. I think orchids are the best flowering plant. Their blossom are so long lasting. I know I'm hooked ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!