Sunday, April 22, 2012

Me Time

Whew. This blogging A to Z has taken over my blog! And a few other things have taken over my life so it's been okay that the A to Z has done that. I can now officially announce that tutoring has ended as of this past Thursday. More free time! I can be home before 4pm again in time to catch a little bit of the Nate show (haha) and just in time for Dr. Oz. :)
We had a field trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  For some of my students it was their first time there ever! We got off to a rough start and ended later than intended but the children had fun. I got to walk through without any students! It was awesome. Here are some pics I got to take.
 a baby leopard shark (just like the ones I saw when I was at Elkhorn Slough!)
 one of my favorite exhibits, the aviary.
 my next favorite exhibit, the jellyfish!
 these are upside down jellyfish
 another favorite, an eel. :)
 this guy lived with the eel!
 everyone's favorite, the penguins
And of course, Nemo and Dory, always a kid crowd pleaser!

While I have been a to z'ing, I have been busy knitting. I just finished a shawl (no pics yet). It is waiting to be blocked. I am also in between a shawl and a cowl.
 the shawl
the cowl

Neither one is an easy project. The shawl that I actually completed was actually pretty easy which is probably why I finished that before either of these two!

We will begin our state testing this week. How to entertain about 75 Kindergarten-1st graders, I am soon to find out.  I can't believe the end of the year is already here! I intend to get cracking on my narratives now so I'm not complaining about them in June!

Happy Earth Day!

3 comments:

  1. My fave is the penguins! Second is the jelly fish!

    The testing is of the kids or you have a test to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING fish pics and knitting!!! We're in O.C. this weekend. Can't remember where exactly you are...

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!