Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for Vitamins

I am a mostly regular vitamin popper.  I am only mostly regular because I don't remember to always take them (because they must be taken with food).  I take a calcium-magnesium with vitamin d,
a multi,
and an omega 3 and fish oil supplement.

My body feels a difference when I haven't taken any of them (because usually I just stop altogether!).  I used to take my multi and the cal-mag after lunch (right before our read aloud) and the children would marvel at me taking my vitamins in one big gulp.  I know it is advised that you don't take all your vitamins at once (at least that's what they said on Oprah!) but I don't often have breakfast. Plus what I eat for breakfast might not be considered a meal (i.e. banana).  The hubs and I tend to eat dinner later than we should (usually after 7, sometimes 9!) and I don't like taking vitamins that late (after 9) because then I have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom! Do you take vitamins? Which ones?

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Helloooo! How are ya? I take a women's multi, a calcium supplement with added vitamin D and K, and grapeseed extract. If all else fails I at least take my grapeseed- I have a bottle at work in case I forget to take it at home. It helps keep me from getting sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I take vitamins. I take one of those Centrum multi-vitamins formulated for women. My kids take a Centrum kid one. I'm not sure how well the body absorbs them, but I take them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't take vitamins, though, I probably should. Sean & Mack take vitamins, and once Quentin turns 2 in the late fall, he'll start on vitamins too (kid ones) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that about not taking all of the vitamins together. Did they say why? I take a mult-vitamin (it's a wonderful gummy, so it doesn't really seem like a vitamin), magnesium, potassium, and iron, usually all right before I head to bed.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!