Saturday, April 2, 2011

B is for Blogging


I have been a blogger since 2006.  What first drew me to blogging was all the cool knit bloggers I was keeping up with and becoming friends with through sites like Knitter's Review.  I thought, why not? I also thought it was a good way to keep track of the things I have knitted. As time went by,  many knit bloggers began to find it difficult to keep up with their blog because of their day to day life was becoming more hectic. It was around that time, when my blog began evolving. I started to feel as though this wasn't just a forum to share the latest pair of socks or lace shawl that I had just completed. I began to feel like it was time to let the true side of me come out which I did but it happened to be at a time when my life was beginning to bottom out.
During that year of bottoming out and life just hitting me with blow after blow, blogging helped me through it all. Blogging about all those experiences also left me with a place to go to remember how bad life had gotten (who wants to remember that?) but at least I have it written down so I can say that those awful things did happen to me.
Blogging is also a place where I have made many wonderful friends. I have also seen lots of amazing stuff! So keep it coming, people. :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow since 2006? Are you kidding?! Now that's dedication! I just joined last year and I'm amazed at everyone who has been dedicated for so long! You have such a lovely blog as well!

    I just stopped in to welcome you to the A to Z blogging challenge! I'm a co-host should you need anything just let us know! We're also having fun on twitter (I'm @jenunedited and we're at #atozchallenge)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I did not realize you had been blogging for so long, you are a pro! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just start following your blog. I have a lot of catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging can be a great way to gather your thoughts and document what's going on in life. I can't believe you've been consistently blogging for so long. I'm so flaky with mine... but trying to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we have been blogging friends since 2006 (started my blog in 2006, too!!)...can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that I am still blogging 6 years from now. I haven't been blogging long, but I love the release it gives me, it's an outlet that has been missing and I love that I have finally found it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am late to the party. I started in July 2010. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been reading your blog for a few years now and love your posts. Thanks for sharing your life with us!

    I've been blogging since October 2005, and love it too, though I had to give up daily blogging. I agree though, blogging helps get things off your chest to help you get through things. I just hate that I can't vent about certain things on my blog because of certain family members who read my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!