Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Q is for..Quilts

I have been wanting to learn to sew for years now because I eventually wanted to learn to make my own quilts. I love the beauty and intricacies of them. I learned to knit before I learned to quilt. Knowing how to quilt requires knowing how to use a sewing machine. The hubs purchased a mini-sewing machine for me two Christmases ago but I honestly have no idea how to use it. Plus I'm scared I'm going to sew my fingers onto something. lol. There are sewing classes at our local fabric store but I just have yet to take the plunge. It is definitely fear-fear that I'm going to be horrible at it. When will I overcome that fear? Who knows but it better be soon. I've got a mini sewing machine calling my name!

5 comments:

  1. That's how I started. I just took a class. It's not bad once you know how.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one quilt that my mother made - called table top quilting. Just a sewing machine and no "quilting frames". I am grateful to have it as she has been gone now for three years. Good luck and happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's SO not hard! My future hubby bought me a Singer several Christmases ago. Through tinkering with it myself/reading the manual and his mom who sews, I have made one quilt so far and sewed other little quilted projects. Take the plunge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful bird quilt. Quilting is on my list of things I want to learn too (maybe when I retire and the kids move out?) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol you come teach me to knit and Ill teach you to sew! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!