Thursday, April 28, 2011

X is for Xylitol

Picture taken from here but I used to see this stuff here and here.
The last school I worked at in LA was a private school with a few new agey families. There was one family who I came to love and I adored their daughter who was in my class my first year with the school. She had a dentist appointment and despite the fact that the girl ate the healthiest food on earth (dried seaweed, nuts, dried berries, annie's organic bunnies, etc), her teeth were prone to tooth decay! I remember her mom asking us if it would be okay that she had a little bit of the above pictured gum after she had snack! We didn't mind at all.

2 comments:

  1. When I first spied the spry...all I could think of was shortening or lard. I think it was called spry....back in the old days ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!