Friday, April 29, 2011

Y is for Yogurt

Like many, my eyes have been bombarded with commercials about various types of yogurt, specifically the greek kind. After about a week or two of greek yogurt commercial overload, I was on a mission to purchase some greek yogurt. We found the Greek Gods version at FoodsCo. We ended up getting the honey flavored stuff because the hubs knew what a weakling I was in regards to sour yogurt. This stuff was super rich. It was good but I could only have a couple of spoonfuls at a time. Once we finished that one (they only carried them in the pint version), I was ready to try other brands. At our local Safeway, they had nearly every greek yogurt under the sun available to me! I picked up some chobani, some dannon greek, some fage, and I think that's it. The chobani was good. The dannon greek, I think I haven't eaten yet but I could be mistaken. The fage I didn't like at all. I opted for the version that comes with fruit (not realizing that when you get a yogurt that has the fruit in a separate compartment, it's most likely going to be of a jam consistency). It was gross.
Do I prefer greek yogurt to regular yogurt? The jury is still out.

7 comments:

  1. We're HUGE yogurt eaters. Love yogurt. Healthy and low on calories too! Yum! I like adding in extra fruit into mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried any of it yet. I'm not a big yogurt fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greek yogurt is tdf! Did you try the Fat free Fage or the 2%? The 2% is better, imo worth the few extra calories. I use it like I would sour cream. or I add fresh fruit with a little sugar and vanilla.
    Chobani is great for a ready to eat selection. I didn't like the Stonyfields (Oikos) version at all. Blech. Very sour. Dannon Greek (to me) didn't taste much different than regular yogurt. Just thicker.

    Good luck and try lots of flavors to find the one you like the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yogurt of all types!! Great "Y" post...found you from the A-Z Challenge, I’m now following you on GFC and I hope you have a chance to check out my blog!
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love yogurt... I tried the Chobani as well. I did not really like it, it is just too thick for me. It is kinda like sour cream consistency and I really prefer the yoplait light ones. They are my fav ... specifically peach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meri, I can't remember which fage I tried, fat free or 2% probably the latter one. the dannon greek seemed like regular yogurt to me too-just thicker. it's all just thicker. the greek gods one was the richest of all the ones we've tried!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I found out just how much sugar was in flavored yogurt I started eating the plain. It was a little hard to get used to but now I prefer it. I add fresh fruit and a little bit of (my homemade)granola. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!