Thursday, April 7, 2011

F for Friends

I am a someone who keeps only few really close friends and these friends remain in my life for as long as they can until we somehow lose touch, one of us moves, etc. Sure I make new friends but the depth of that friendship depends on the connection I am able to establish with said new friend. My longest running friendships have been made with pen pals! I won't go too much into that yet as I hope to use that for my P!
I tend to be picky about who I want to be friends with and that comes from experience.  In my younger days, I wasn't so picky and my Johari window was wide open!  I have established strong friendships with people fairly quickly only to be extremely disappointed by them afterwards.  Once I stop being someone's friend, that's usually it. I am not one who will give someone another chance unless they ask for it and they actually deserve it.
My wonderful friend, Tanyia, nominated me for the Stylish Blogger Award!
Thanks hon. It's been quite a while since I received any type of blog award. Here are the rules:
  1. Thanks the person that gave you this award and link back to them.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Award 10-15 blogs you feel deserve this award.
  4. Contact these bloggers and let them know that they got this amazing award.
Here goes with the 7 things about myself!

1.  All my cars are volkswagens (it just sort of happened that way!).
2.  I love watching reruns of "Happy Days" and "Laverne & Shirley."
3.  I like sitting on the floor!
4.  I handwash my hubs's white shirts because we don't ever have enough whites for an entire load.
5.  I wear colored socks because they're fun and they're easier to match!
6.  I love trying new recipes.
7.  I tend to listen to the tv rather than watch it. I like it for background noise (you know, compensating for the lack of another adult at home!)

And now here are my nominees: Robyn of Knit & Purl Mama fame, Jane of Maiden Jane, Kim from Just Sayin', Dawn, the knittinwolf, Rachel of Bmore crafty, and Deb of Hakucho. Thanks for being so stylish!

8 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Johari window. I learned something new. I agree. I had so many "friends" in my 20's. Now that I'm in my 30's I have penpals and bloggy friends, and that's about it. Call it antisocial. I don't care. I have a full-time job and a family. That's about all I have time for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much...your are too kind to think of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great blog!
    I'm your newest follower from the A to Z Challenge.
    Jamie
    From My Classroom Window

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like we are very similar, except I crochet not knit. I also am a teacher by day and I read a lot at night. Nice to meet you!

    Sheila Staley : Reviewer & Writer
    Book reviews and Author Interviews at my blog at http://whynotbecauseisaidso.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are so sweet! Where have I been that I didn't see this nomination? (And you are always so kind to comment on my posts - you should've been my first nomination - but I was laaaazy!) So I am catching up on your posts - this challenge is making you productive! Lately, I have the tv on for background noise, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nomination! Hopefully I won't forget to post my list when I go to blog next :)

    I'd never heard of the Johari window either. Interesting!

    I agree with you, I am picky about who I am friends with now too. Glad to be on your friends list :)

    I agree with Sapphireblue's comment, I have a family and they come first. After that, if I have spare time, then it goes to friends. Blogging friends, knitting friends, real friends. But I'm super careful who I let real close in, and tell all too. I've definitely learned lessons over the years.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!