Thursday, April 14, 2011

L is for Love

It's a bad picture but that is the front of our thank you cards from our wedding two years ago.  It took me 34 years to find the love of my life. I am a big believer in both fate and things happening for a reason. I met my husband at a tint shop down the street from my LA apt. Little did I know at that moment that he was going to end up being my husband. We talked for a couple hours and I left thinking I had made a cool new friend. After our first date, which was at least a week after we met (I had help following the single girl dating protocol from my then engaged coworker that I carpooled with!), I already knew that this relationship in particular was going to be a big one. The last thing I wanted to do was screw it up which is something I am was pretty good at.
It has been through this relationship that I realized I wasn't ever in love before I met my husband. What I thought was love was something unlike what I feel now.
Love is unconditional. Love is knowing what the other is thinking without them even voicing it. Love is knowing exactly what the other needs. Love is knowing exactly how the other feels when things go well or even when things go poorly. I can only hope that the people who I love are able to experience this kind of profound love.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post :) I am so glad for you, you two deserve love! I love being loved <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post. And very true. Love is about how the other person feels, not how we feel....which is what it's all about in high school. It's amazing how it can change your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Seems like love finds us when we least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sweet!

    Love your wedding thank you cards! Neat design!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!