Monday, April 11, 2011

I is for...I can't keep up!!

With this A to Z challenge, my blog reading world has opened up to about a thousand awesome, fantastic, and stupendous new blogs. My google reader is up to the 100s! I can't keep up with everyone's posts! Usually I try to catch up on blogs over the weekend but this weekend was different. I spent a majority of my time moving stuff, cleaning, etc. Thank goodness for spring break which begins this Friday 4pm, pacific standard time! And I get two entire weeks off!!
My original I post was going to be I for Individuality. I am a person who doesn't tend to follow the crowd. I used to make sure I didn't do things that everyone else did. I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies (no interest). I am not on Facebook (definitely NO interest at all!). I don't have an iphone (nor do I want one). I just recently began texting (like in the last year). Is it that I don't like change? No, that has very little to do with it. There is just no draw for me to the aforementioned things. With texting, I still believe talking on the phone is better but a few of my friends work in an office and spend the entire day answering phones. They are the ones who I will text.
I am definitely trying to teach my students that there is nothing wrong with being different or not going along with the crowd. There is one particular student who has a difficult time transitioning and rather than call all the attention to him, I let him come over when he's ready (unless it's taking him longer than usual!). They are used to this. We have a student at our school who has cerebral palsy and in the beginning of the year, she came to talk to our class about why she has a walker and why she walks the way she walks. Whether or not this lesson taught will be with them for the rest of their lives, is solely dependent on the individual.

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! Great "I" choice. I agree with you, I tend to do things my own way as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there are just so many good blogs out there, but 100! I don't have nearly that much on my reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to be an individual - interesting, too. It's also good to admit that keeping up is difficult. Keep smiling:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't text at all - don't even have a texting option as part of my phone plan. I only joined Facebook so my family who is all over the country can see pictures of Clark but I am not on there all the time like alot of people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya - my reader has - not sure how many. I have a "Daily" folder (you're in there!), sewing, knitting, etsy, Cleveland, Designers, etc. It helps a bit, but I simply can't keep up - then I feel frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are not the only one who has trouble keeping up ;) I think I'm doing ok for a while and then BOOM I'm behind again...sure doesn't take long to get behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apparently I have 104 subscriptions in my google reader. LOL. I thought I had more than that too. Some (like photography blogs) I just look at photos. Some are coupon blogs (for like huggies points, and stuff) so I just only look at the posts with that in it - the rest doesn't apply to me in Canada. (You can't stack coupons in Canada like you can in the USA).

    I am not one for following others, I always do my own thing. Though, I know someone who doesn't have an opinion of her own (LOL - you know what I'm talking about exactly!) and that's frustrating as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!