Tuesday, April 12, 2011

J is for Jam (or Jelly)

As a child, I was a big fan of Concord's grape jelly. I didn't like strawberry jam because I didn't like the huge clumps of strawberries. I didn't like orange marmalade because it tasted funny. Somewhere down the line (probably at a breakfast place), I discovered blackberry jam. Blackberry jam is now my go to jam, specifically Knott's Pure Blackberry Preserves. Yum!
I especially love it on Komissbrot bread from this bakery toasted with a dab of butter. The sour and tart go very well together! :)

3 comments:

  1. omg Blackberry is my fave jam! I love the one they have at cracker barrel! :) YUMMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the same Knott's Berry Farm as in the Theme park ? I went their as a child and the name of your jam brought back some very old memories...not of jam, but of burros and panning for gold ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very picky with the kind of jam I eat too. It's got to be either blackberry or raspberry. No other will do! But I agree with you & the Blackberry! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!