Saturday, April 2, 2011

tortilla making and my winnings!

For one of our last projects before our school gala, my clay class made tortillas! The mom who has been helping me for the last few weeks knew how to make flour tortillas so that's what we did. I went online and sought out another recipe to share. For the most part, that's what her recipe was like. I made some the other night and I kind of like the idea of having homemade flour tortillas and actually knowing how to make them! Next I will learn how to make homemade corn tortillas! :)
 Here's the dough.
 Here's one of my tortillas frying on the pan.
 And here's a finished tortilla!
They were a bit too thick but that's okay. It was my first time trying them out. I'm sure with practice they will improve.
There has been very little knitting this week around these parts but I have caught up on my letter writing (for the most part!). I also finally finished my first book of 2011! I completed Spoon Fed by Kim Severson. It was a good read and even provided a few recipes after each chapter. This week, I also received some of the books I have recently won. :)
 I won this one in a goodreads contest.
And this one I won from a contest on Robyn's blog. :)
I usually read a snippet of any book I just get and both are going to be good reads (whenever I get around to them!) 
I survived my first Gala at my school. Boy does it need a lot of work. There's got to be a way where the teachers are able to enjoy it at least a little bit!
The hubs is going in for eye surgery on Monday so I am off work Monday and Tuesday. I just might be able to finish up my pea soup if I try really, really hard!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link about tortilla making. My youngest has been wanting me to try...he insists it's easy after hearing about making them in his Spanish class for many, many years. After seeing your post I think I'll have to give it a go one of these days...
    Good luck to your hubby with his eye surgery. Hope and pray all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a blog award for ya, hun! :)

    http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/2011/04/happy-sunday-and-i-am-sooooo-stylish.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the food on your blog is giving me late-night hunger cravings. :-P I hope surgery went well for the hubs. You guys are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was Spoon Fed? Any good? I just finished Arranged a few days ago, and LOVED it. Such a good read. I am sure you'll enjoy it. You should check out if your library has SPIN, by the same author. I loved that one as well. (She's a Montrealer the author).

    Yey on all your winnings! Congrats!

    Those tortillas look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!