Sunday, October 10, 2010

a day of finishing, and a day of new beginnings

I cast off for my baby crocagator late last night.
Here is a close-up of the detail:
I really like it. I wish that it was longer but I'll get over it. It is currently soaking in the sink so I'll try to have some modeled shots during the week.
I cast off for my kitty hat a few moments ago.
I had taken another shot with my looking but I look so tired, I didn't want to post the pic! lol. It is next for blocking. Still not sure if the placement of the ears is good enough but it'll have to do!
After I finish blogging, I'm going to sew on my buttons for purpley mush. I have wound my yarn for a belle ascot and I think I finally know what two yarns I'm going to wind for my andrea's shawl. I also think I'm going to cast on for that balacava the hubs has been wanting. I'm going to use some recycled black yarn that I have from a shawl a parent gave me years ago. I was too scared to reuse the stuff for another shawl in case I ran out of yarn! It's super soft--maybe too soft but I guess we'll just have to see.
I still have to lesson plan for the week! I have spent the day catching up on blogs and emails and looking through patterns to see what I'd like to cast on for next! 

5 comments:

  1. Cute kitty ears, I thought you weren't doing the ears part??

    Oh wow, Crocogator was a SUPER fast knit! Look at you go! How long did it actually take you to make? Can't wait to see the modeled shot of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green scarf. The yarn is beautiful! The kitty hat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scarf! Maybe you can wear it with a pin where it is short. I'm sure you'll figure out something. Have you seen this site
    http://www.texeresilk.com/cms-scarf_tying_guide.html
    Not sure if it will help you or not, but I thought it was interesting.
    The kitty hat is super cute :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!