Thursday, October 21, 2010

new obsession

Don't Forget The Lyrics is our current obsession. The hubs used to watch Jeopardy religiously (till we moved into that house where we had to watch Entertainment Tonight and whatever comes after it instead). So our new tradition is Don't Forget The Lyrics. I used to love it when Wayne Brady was the host. It's okay with Mark McGrath. I like that the newer episodes actually feature more current music. Like we just saw an episode where Gaga was one of the options and Katy Perry (not that I'm a fan..).
I was SO tired by the end of the school day today. The 1st and 2nd grade teacher who I chat with every now and again asked if I was tired so I must look it as tired as I feel.
One of the perks at my school (aside from the occasional surprise baked goody), is that we have parents who either work in produce or have their own farms so every week we get some sort of veggies. Mostly it's been fresh zucchini. Today, it was fresh zucchini and some acorn squash.
I had never seen acorn squash until today. The hubs either. So I brought home a couple for him to experiment on this weekend (hopefully!). So stay tuned. :) We've gotta use up the zucchinis we picked up a couple weeks ago too. I just found a zucchini bread recipe that sounds good so we'll try that out this weekend too!

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen Acorn Squash either. Curious what you make with that! So awesome that parents send fresh produce for you to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came up with an acorn squash recipe that we tried last night and it was amazeballs. Srsly. Email me if you want it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A healthy fringe benefit :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!