Saturday, October 16, 2010

pumpkin patch

Well, we only made it to the pumpkin patch. We missed the Mayan thing. We ended up just walking all around Monterey. So here are some pics from the pumpkin patch.
We went on a tractor-driven hayride.
Here's what we saw!
 pumpkins and a haystack in the distance
 a cardboard cutout of a farm worker (it was the only one I could get a shot of!)
 strawberries!
 flowers
 pumpkins
 and more pumpkins!
Then we went to go pick out some pumpkins for ourselves.
 Here's the monkey riding in the cart we managed to grab from someone.
And here's the haystack the monkey and I climbed up on and danced! lol.
After the pumpkin patch we drove to Monterey and hung around Cannery Row.
 The beach.
 If you look closely, you can see seals laying on the rocks. I had to do a double take before I realized they were seals!
 Little "olives" that we saw along the 1.

They're actually little hermit crabs. I tried to pick one up and it was stuck. lol.
We are home now and everyone is exhausted.  Lighting is still horrible but I've been having you wait forever so here's what I was able to take just now. Excuse the washed out look of my cowl. We've had very few sunny days here so it's getting harder and harder to get decent pictures of my projects!
 Purpley mush
Ta-da!

7 comments:

  1. Your pictures of the seals reminded me of another difference between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. You had commented in a letter about not being able to imagine the ocean being warm like it is here. Well, I can't imagine seeing wild seals up close in the ocean. Another reason that I would love to see the Pacific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, the pumpkin patch looks like so much fun! Monkey is toooo cute in that cart ;)

    That town looks so nice! I love exploring new areas. (Or was it not new to you?)

    Great FO's! I love projects that don't take long to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun! The pumpkin place looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be super warm this winter with you cowl and scarf! Love the color of your scarf...very cheerful :)

    Happy Fall...looks like you had lots of fun on your fall outing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! This is my favorite season. Love going to pick pumpkins and apples every year.

    ps, the lighting may not be fantastic, but your knits look lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!